Town reopened extra parks Wednesday that had been briefly closed on account of security considerations from bushes uprooted and broken within the extreme derecho windstorm on Could 21.
As of Wednesday the next parks and enjoying fields had been reopened, in accordance with the town:
- Baseball diamonds — Bowers Park, Brinton Carpet, Bonnerworth North and South, Fairbairn/Poplar, Kinsmen, Milroy, Northland, Trent, Stacey Inexperienced and Turner
- Sport fields — Eastgate Hogan, Eastgate Mark Forrester, Milroy, Trent and Kinsmen
- Ashburnham Memorial
- Auburn Attain
- Barnardo (together with splash pad)
- Beavermead Park
- Bonnerworth skate park
- Brinton Carpet
- Cameron Tot Lot
- Chelsea Gardens
- Chemong at Sundown
- Confederation Sq.
- Corrigan Hill
- Del Crary Park (some cleanup work continues on the park)
- East Gate Memorial
- Fairbairn and Poplar
- Fleming Park
- Golfview Heights
- Goose Pond
- Hilliard Greenbelt
- John Taylor Memorial
- Kawartha Heights
- Keith Wightman
- King Edward Park (splash pad and washroom stay closed right now as energy connection must be repaired)
- Kinsmen Park (together with splash pad)
- Knights of Columbus
- Legacy Bowl
- Morrow Park (some cleanup work continues on the park)
- Parkhill and Stewart
- Queen Alexandra
- Riverview Park and Zoo
- Roland Glover
- Simcoe and Bethune basketball courts
- Stacey Inexperienced
In the meantime different parks and trails stay closed till security assessments may be accomplished, as does the county’s Victoria Park on Water Road.
There’s nonetheless hazard of falling tree limbs, in accordance with a launch from the town.
You are reading: UPDATED: More Peterborough parks reopen after May 21 storm
Some bushes sustained structural injury within the storm on Could 21 and additional stormy climate with excessive winds might probably deliver down limbs.
Inspections and cleanup are underway in metropolis parks and trails, the town advises.
Nicholls Oval, Jackson Park and Sherbrooke Woods sustained substantial injury to treed areas.
Between Could 21 and 27, there have been nearly 12,100 requires service to the town’s public works division.
Town additional advises that it doesn’t handle the closures of the parks and services of faculty boards, Trent College and Fleming Faculty.
Town is posting updates about park reopenings repeatedly at peterborough.ca/stormresponse, or residents can name 705-742-7777 ext. 0 for updates.